From:
Jaymi Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:19:48 EDT
First off, I want to say that this isn't about my ferret, so my information
is second hand (I haven't seen the ferret since this started, so I can't
comment on that, either).

OK...Jazz is a female ferret, spayed, age unknown.  The vet guesses she is
older, around 5-6 years old.  She is let out for a few hours a night with
the rest of the bunch, but goes to sleep after about 40 minutes (but she is
older, so I'm sure this is normal).  Within the last few weeks her tummy
has become warmer, and is firm but spongy feeling.  She is pooping, eating,
and peeing normally, but has been to the vet's more then a few times for
this.  She was aspirated twice, and everything looked normal.  The vet says
that her kidneys feel "lumpy" (this is just from feeling them).  Jazz was
on medicine, but my Mom can't remember which one off the top of her head
(she's a little spacey *G*).  She said it was a white chalky liquid that
smelled like bananas.  Jazz was on this for two weeks with no change.  My
Mom says Jazz has been acting the same all along, she has just completely
stopped nipping (something she used to do HORRIBLY).  The only option right
now is an ultrasound, but it's going to be quite pricey, and my Mom wanted
me to ask everyone on the list if they may know what is going on with her
Jazz.  She will have the ultrasound done, but just wants to know if anyone
out there has dealt with this, and what it may be.

Please reply to me, because my Mom doesn't even know how to turn on a
computer.

Have a great weekend!

Jaymi
Come visit the Furry Slinkies!