From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 17:07:41 -0900
Here's a little different perspective on buying Totally Ferret.  I would
love to feed my ferrets Totally Ferret.  I have 10 ferrets.  If I use your
experience as a baseline, I would need 7.5 oz.  per day to feed my ferrets.
Just to make it simpler, I'm going to round up to 8 oz. per day; that
would mean that a 15# bag should last one month, approximately.  Now, you
stated that shipping is included in the price for TF from The Ferret Store
in the USA -- Not so.  When I bought a 30# bag of TF from them, the
shipping was $40.00 (and last I checked, Alaska is still in the USA); they
insist they have to ship via UPS and the only way to get anything here via
UPS is overnight, so my 30# bag of TF actually cost me $100.  But, 30#
should last 2 months based on the prior calculations, so I'm paying
$50.00/month or $12.50 per week.

OK, so what if I could get it somewhere closer.  The closest place for
me to get TF is Anchorage, AK (1,000 miles away) and there, a 30# bag
costs, drum roll please, $114.00 (and that's the cheapest I could find
there).

So, all you down-staters (or lower-48ers), count your blessing, you could
own 10 ferrets, live in Alaska, and not be able to feed your fuzzies
Totally Ferret without going bankrupt!!

Melanee Ellis
"The Ferret Lady"
Juneau, Alaska
(cold, snowy, and currently Totally Ferret-less)