From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 06:29:37 -0900
Many thanks to all of you who replied to my report on Buster's bloodwork.
Last night my regular vet did an altrasound; we didn't find anything
extremely abnormal, so we decided to do exploratory surgery.  The surgery
went well, she took a piece of the liver for biopsy and then found a 1.5"
long hairball in Buster's stomach!  Poor baby!  No wonder he was grinding
his teeth!  She believes that this hairball may have been blocking some
ducts on the liver so that it wasn't functioning and that's what caused
the abnormally high levels.

Buster seems to be doing better already!  This morning when I went to feed
him Duck Soup, he was alert and hungry.  He ate a good bit on his own and I
didn't have to force feed him.

Again, thanks for all your help!  Buster is doing better and I hope we'll
have him around for a little while longer!

Melanee Ellis
"The Ferret Lady"
Juneau, Alaska