From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:54:59 -0500
>From:    Mark Reaux <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Special needs ferrets?
>
>The last time I wrote it was about litter sticking to Sera's behind.  I
>got some MF Ferret Litter made of recycled newspaper and that problem
>seems to be solved....
>
>I'm thinking of getting a playmate for Sera.... The only concern is that
>she's only got 3 feet.  Her right front foot is just a nub.  Is there
>anything special I need to do to accomodate her? ...
>
>One more question.  Sera is about 10 - 12 weeks old and she's much smaller
>than the other ferrets in the pet store.  They are all 1 to 2 weeks older
>than she is.  Can I expect her to get much larger?

I'm glad to hear that the litter problem is solved.  About Tripod,
sometimes a mother will lick their young too vigorously and lick a foot or
a tail off.  As long as it's not still a bloody stump she should be okay.
There will be a few things she can't do, but generally she will be fine.
There is a ferret named Tripod Bob who was in the Most Attractive Pet
contest this month.  Bob's owner says he does just fine.

You can expect a 10-12 week old ferret to grow quite a bit before reaching
full size.  My observation is that they have most of their growth by 6 mos
and grow just a little more by one year.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you get homesick watching "Cops".