From:
Linda Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 23:49:14 -0400
Hello

I am sorry to have to even post this. But what gives ANYONE the right
to call some one a :"twit" because they want to open a shelter. I've
talked to the lady and maybe I agree or disagree with her but it
doesn't mean she is a twit. We are suppose to give advice and inform,
but this is a ambush. Sheltering is like a duck soup recipe and you can
ask 10 shelters and you won't get the same recipe from any of them.
Yes, she called several shelters asking questions and gathering info.

But why on earth would you air all this on the FML. Did you bother
to ask her if it was alright to put her name and info out there? Holy
crap, you just don't do that. It makes no difference of what you
believe in, you just don't put someone's info without asking first.

All you are going to do is starting a fire. You have made yourself
judge, jury and excutioner. And the last time I checked, none of us
have that right. What you do with YOUR shelter is YOUR business.

What happens to the other folks out there looking or thinking of
opening a shelter and seeing what happens if they do. We are few and
far between now. You want to discourage everyone? I know what she said
about taking her kids to the vet. I told her each case was different. I
don't run to the vet every time either. I told her to call and tell the
vet the issue and go from there. As shelters we aid, help, encourage
and suggest.

I think you should step back and help, instead of throwing someone
under the bus. You should be ashamed of yourself. FYI, the lady in
question hasn't opened a shelter, she's just considering it.

Go ahead and light my fire, I believe I can handle it

Linda Lake Fuzzy Follies Rescue

The more I know about people, the more I love my ferrets!