From:
Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 07:04:33 -0400
I too was offended by the post made by Debbie of Kindness Matters. And,
I was a little surprised that Bill allowed such a trash post on the
FML. All of us who have been in rescue/sheltering have made a LOT of
stupid assumptions and mistakes. Few of us were ready for what was
coming our way. I'm sure most of us have been trashed behind our backs
because of how we operate our rescues; Debbie and I both included. None
of us do things the same way, and some of us have to learn the hard
way. But, slapping them down on a public forum is definitely not the
way to encourage someone. If this person is told about this post she
will be alienated forever. The fact that she is contacting multiple
shelters BEFORE opening a rescue says a lot about her.

Hopefully, someone who has good people skills and great shelter
knowledge will contact her and gently lead her through the process,
or at least be a place she can call when she needs help.

And thank you, Millie, for your perspective. I think all of us can
identify with what you went through.

Katharine
Florida