From:
Anne Charbonneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 16:41:45 EST
Bonjour!
Remember Victor?!?  He got a surgery for insulomina and adrenal a little bit
than a year ago.  Since then, I have to give him pred to stabilize is
glycemia.  Since a while, I had to increase the pred (2.5 mg bid) and to
give also diazoxide (10 mg bid).  And know what, despite of that, in mid-day
is level of glucose is at 36.5!!!  And increases only to 39.5 after a
meal...  He sleeps a lot (23 hours a day), he's not able anymore to climb
stairs, sometimes he's weak, sometimes it's very hard to feed him, he looks
like Humpty-Dumpty (at 4 pounds almost all in the belly, he's not able to go
in the tunnel anymore...) but he's still a ferret: curious, begs for grape
and melon, gives kisses and lovable...

What can I do more...  I don't think that the surgery is the solution as it
was not a big succes with him and he's older, weaker, etc...  We decided to
increase the pred at 3.5 in the morning and stay at 2.5 at night and to give
20 mg of diazoxide bid...  Any suggestions and comments will be greatly
appreciated...  Thank you!

Anne Charbonneau                        [log in to unmask]