From:
Anne Charbonneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 10:07:42 -0400
>Next question: During his exam, the vet found Teddy's baby teeth to be a
>dark pink in color.  I'm not sure about the permanent teeth that are coming
>in...Any ideas why this would be?  I know that if human babies are exposed

Dentist answer:
Baby teeth resorbtion makes sometimes teeth become quite transparent and the
reddish color is, in fact, only the gums that you see under the tooth and
not a thru discoloration...

If all the teeth are like that, it's coming from a problem who happenned
during teeth formation.  Tetracycline usually gives blue or green
discoloration.  But if your ferret tooks antibiotics recently, the
discoloration may be only superficial and causes by the color of necrotic
bacterias (dental plaque) killed by antibiotic...

Some problems may be seen in booth baby and permanent dentition in human,
but it's quite unusual and teeth have more than often, in those case,
strange shapes...

Anne Charbonneau                Professeure adjointe
[log in to unmask]    Departement de sante buccale
Tel: (514) 343-5924             Faculte de medecine dentaire
Fax: (514) 343-2233             Universite de Montreal

et voici mes furets:

      Victor 8>         Hugo 8)         et Adele H. :>