Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 13:05:04 -0500
Flower has often encountered marauding hordes of 6-year-old girls in her
travels.  She is usually unfazed by it, and usually enjoys all the
excitement and attention.  I have found that the 6-to-12-year old female
set is usually the most likely to display this "groupie" behavior.  While
young children in general tend to make me nervous, I've never gotten into a
situation with Flower that made me really nervous.  The only thing I have
to watch for now is when I walk through the park and I hear the distant
shrill of "Flower's here!" Eat your hearts out, Hansen boys...

There's one comment I've heard many times among ferreteers that sometimes
concerns me.  In our never-ending quest to educate the world, many have
stated that "ferrets are not wild animals." Well, in the interest of
maintaining our credibility, I really think we should realize that the
Black Footed Ferret is still a ferret, and is truly wild.  Many "wild
animal lover" people I know are actually more familiar with the BFF than
the domestic ferret.

 ...Which brings me to my next question... I've seen references occasionally
to the term "fitch".  I remember 15 years ago, when I first became the
property of ferrets, a fairly knowledgeable guy I work with referred to
domestic ferrets as "fitch" ferrets.  Can anyone out there give me a true
definition of this word?

And lastly, anyone care to take a whack at what color and markings my
Chester is?  I have my own idea, but I'd be curious to hear what y'all
think.  His coloring gets washed out in the flash pics, but gets more
saturated in the setting sun when he's outside romping in the yard; this is
closer, though, to his natural color.  Here he is; tell me what ya think:
http://members.tripod.com/~michaeljay/ferrets/chester.htm

Michael (Bluejay)

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre
minds.    --  Albert Einstein

http://members.tripod.com/~michaeljay/index.html
Visit The Bridge Coffeehouse!
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/9636/index.htm