Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 10:45:30 -0500
About a year ago, I answered an ad in our local paper, listing a "friendly"
ferret and cage for sale.  The family selling little 6-month-old Flower said
they had to give her up because they just got a Chihuahua puppy, and they
didn't get along at all.  Since the puppy cost considerably more than the
ferret, the decision was made more on economics than anything else.
Apparently Flower was picking on the puppy, because she came with a goodbye
note, written by the little girl in the family saying, "Take off, Flower;
don't hurt him."  Of the six ferrets I've lived with over an 18-year span,
Flower is the most lovable, intelligent, and beautiful little creature I've
ever seen.  She has won over the hearts of anyone who's come in contact with
her, and I feel bad for the family who chose that yippy puppy over her.
They got to see her again last summer, and were surprised by my expressed
happiness with her.  There just must have been something about that
Chihuahua that rubbed her the wrong way.  Who knows, maybe if given the
chance they would've worked it out; but I'll always be thankful for the
circumstances that brought us together.  (Go to my website and see a picture
of Flower sharing the water dish with Sarge, the German shepherd!)

Michael (Bluejay)

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre
minds.    --  Albert Einstein

http://members.tripod.com/~michaeljay/index.html
Visit The Bridge Coffeehouse!
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/9636/index.htm