From:
"Craig W. Lovell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 10:05:41 -0700
Although this has upset us all, it appears as though most (non-ferret)
people aren't really concerned with the murder of eight ferrets.  I'd like
to see the prosecutor in the case charge Lance with all 93 deaths, instead
of the initial eight.  93 dead ferrets has more 'shock value' than eight.
Plus, it has the advantage of revealing the true depth of his abusive
treatment of the ferrets.  Non-ferret people need to ask themselves "What
kind of person would murder 93 animals by injecting Chlorox or Drano?" They
further need to ask themselves if they are concerned that the death of 93
animals may only be the beginning of something worse, like serial murder,
rape, etc.  To be perfectly honest, this kid scares the h*ll out of me!
Most serial killers start out with the abuse of pets......

My $0.02 !

Craig