From:
"Susan D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:12:36 -0400
Hi everyone,

I have 6 male ferrets, ages 2 and up.  They all reside together in
their room.  A few weeks ago I introduced a new male.  Bubba is 3.3
pounds, huge compared to my 6.  When introduced, they did the normal
dominating/dragging by the scruff.  No fighting, and a lot of playing.
I've never had major problems introducing to my group.

Well Bubba is tormenting one ferret out of the pack.  He will not leave
Polar Bear alone.  He grabs him by the ear and just sits on him.  When I
look into the room, he looks at me then drags Polar Bear into a hidey
hole.

Can you think of any reason why he picks on just this one ferret?  Polar
Bear was not the dominant ferret (to me anyway), nor is he a wimp.  But
Bubba just will not leave him alone.  It wouldn't bother me so much but
Polar Bear makes that chittering noise.  Of course as soon as I break
them up Polar Bear runs right back to Bubba, so maybe I should just let
them work it out?

Thanks!

Susan D. in Kentucky