From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:55:50 -0800
Last night, I was watching TV and the ferrets were out running around.  All
of a sudden I hear some serious fighting going on, and thud, thud, thud
down the stairs.  I got up to check it out and there was Cleo with a huge
piece of broccoli hanging out of her mouth with Dopey just sitting there
next to her.  Apparently, I had forgotten to put the chair in front of
the kitchen garbage and broccoli was a hit!  I just cannot believe that
my ferrets were fighting over a huge stem of broccoli!  I picked it up
and threw it away, end of story.  Wait...there's more.

When I let Dopey out this morning, he immediately went to his hidey hole
and would not come out when called.  I assumed he was sick or something
and panicked.  I reached my hand in there and guess what I found (you will
never guess), MORE BROCCOLI!  Geez.

Anyone else have ferrets that like broccoli?  I know it is probably not
good for them (lots of fiber), but let's not start a debate over food.
I think it is pretty funny and it doesn't look like they really ate the
stuff anyway, just decided it is a good toy.

Planet Ferretine is missing a few broccoli mongers.