Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 08:50:13 EST
1. Many thanks to those who wrote to me to help me over the loss of
MiniMe. I did not sob my brains out for the first time yesterday.
The constant headache ended. I was able to go back to work.

I call out that name each day I just open my eyes in the morning by
habit. She slept next to my bed. I always liked that name...MiniMe.
It slips off the tongue. MiniMe. Such a silly name.

You know, I said that name in the middle of the night for years:
several times each night, in fact. MINIME!!!!!!. She would scrunch
under the covers, go up my pajama leg scratching and biting until I
sat up, pulled her out, and gave her stinky ferret treats. At some
point she found it easier to to under my pajama top and scratch the
dickens out of my back.

My last two Dr. exams, the Dr's. looked at me quizzically and asked if
I knew that I had numerous scratch marks on my back. At first I could
not fathom what had occurred. What was she talking about, scratch
marks? Finally, in the middle of one night of clawing...it dawned on me.

It was* that darned MiniMe. *

I ended up keeping a stash of tiny ferret treats in a container on my
bed so I could blindly grab it for her in the middle of the night. She
was such a relentless, driven little life force.

My Persian may have deleted a message or two lolly gagging on my
key board, as he does. If I did not return a message...my sincere
apologies. Your kind words were like a preacher standing over her
grave and friends and family standing there with me. You on the FML
ARE my ferret family. Make no mistake.

I copied all messages. I keep them in the large cuddle cup by the side
of my bed where MiniMe slept.

2. Zoos Ferret Sanctuary has a very true account of her and her shelter
in Ferrets Magazine. Lovely writing. A picture of Bisquit is in it. For
the many of you who have lost a ferret through escape, dryer, washer,
etc...Zoo said she heard from dozens of people who lost their loved one
in this tragic manor. She heard from them as she tried to save Bisquits
life by around the clock care.

Death and near death of our little ones...It is the chance we take when
we bring one of these tiny nosey busy bodies home. No matter how hard
we try...life comes up and bites us on the nose at times. Life can be
beautiful. It can be ugly and brutal and sickening.

But I do believe my ferrets would rather be free roam in my single
household with no children ...than locked in cages most of the day.
We each have our beliefs. And that is mine. But the element of risk
is greatly increased. There is an uneasy trade off.

Thank you again for the many kind people on this list and for Bill...
our extra-ordinary moderator.

Lisette