From:
Chris Perth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 12:27:20 -0500
Dear Pam, you write so well!  While I read your post telling about
Mischief's escape I could almost feel all the anguish you must've felt
during those terrible days without her!  I don't even wanna think about
how horrible and heartbroken and sick of worry I would feel if either my
cuties Logan or Leeloo were to disappear... I just feel so happy that you
found your cute Mischief!

You're real lucky that guy finally contacted you, I'm sure it wasn't only
luck but also your amazing persistance and incredible effort in finding
her, if you had only posted a couple of fliers (like some people do) and
not kept on running around looking, investigating and asking around day
after day and nights too, I'm sure she would still be in that horribly
crowded room missing her human terribly!  She's a real lucky little girl
and probably very very happy to that her human found her!

I remember when I was a little kid (I always love all kinds of animals) I
did bring a few cats home (which my mom would never let me keep anyway) and
I was never conscious of how bad their humans and other animal-companions
must be feeling!  I mean, there's tons of poor stray animals back where I
used to live that don't have anyone looking for them, some never had!  But
still, even if those cats didn't have anyone it does NOT justify me never
asking around if anyone lost their cat, nor posting some flies of
found-kitty... it was not nice at ALL and only now years later having my
own pets and also reading stories like yours that I see how horrible I
behaved as a kid, shame on me and all those people that don't care about
the feelings of others, humans or pets, who don't stop to think of how
much the poor little dog/cat/ferret will be missing his beloved human and
his possible companion-animals!  :-(

(not to mention all the stress the poor animal is going though, and stress
can really make a ferret sick, from ulcers and other problems, looking
around for his human and fur-friends, missing home and not finding his
home and favorite toys...)

Anyway, I'd never keep a found animal again without searching all over the
place for it's humans.  And (God-forbid) if one day my beloved Leeloo +
Logan manage to escape, or any ferret of you guys here on FML, I hope
with all my heart that whoever finds him/her thinks about all the people
suffering, and of what's best for the poor ferret, which is (not always of
course, I'm not speaking of abandoned or abused/neglectes ferrets!) THEIR
humans!

Sorry it was so long, I was just feelin' real bad thinking about those
cats and looking down at Leeloo as she kissed me.

Big hug to all you cute ferrets out there!  Er... and the humans too! ;- )

And a HUGE hug to wonderful ferret Maria who might look like a mole but who
is real special!!!  (and her mom Lisette too--nope, all the ferret- babble
and kissin' doesn't sound repulsive at ALL, I'm sure we all can't help but
do the same once in a while... I mean, all the time!) :- )

OH!  And anyone who wanna see how Logan + Leeloo look like (they're two
German ferrets), they got a homepage (not finished yet), I made it for my
family mostly and for people in Brazil where ferrets are starting to get
popular (imported from the States) but where most people don't know how
to take care of them or never heard of them!  So on the site I wanted
to put photos of my beloved cuties but also give some info for the
Portuguese/Spanish speakin' folks.  So you can all see Logan + Leeloo at:
http://cperth.vila.bol.com.br/
Hope you like them!  (I sure can't help but love them cuties!) :-D

Chris and Logan + Leeloo