From:
Chris Perth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 06:16:54 -0500
Hi David, Johnny & Edgar!  (grea idea for names!) :-D

I'm also owned by 2 ferrets, one of them (cutest tiniest girl-carpet shark
Leeloo) being also an albino.

I find that both Leeloo and Logan (the huge Sable boy) are VERY different
in personality, which must have to do from them having different
backgrounds (different owners that abandoned them at the shelter), them
being also a boy and a girl (don't think colors matter-- even though
Leeloo scares me sometimes being more nocturnal standing on my pillow at
night in the dark, a miniature nearly-glowing-in-the-dark ghost with red
eyes!  Help!) :-)

Ferrets might love to play and really get SO into it to the point of
running headfirst into walls!  (or like you said, shoes) And they nap a
lot too, but that's for SURE not all that goes through their little cute
heads, believe me!!!

They're real smart and super curious, they learn things (if they want to)
and they can be very very cuddly and loving (also when they want to)!

In the beginning neither Logan nor Leeloo paid much attention to me too!
And even now when they're playing with each other (sometimes one's asleep
and the other will "call" me to play after failing into waking the other
up) they might ignore me...

But with time they got more and more attatched to me (I was already lost
in love with them from day one :-) ) to the point that they always look
very happy and freak out when I get home, dancing around me, both coming
to be picked up and give me tons of kisses, sometimes sleep in my belly
(only Logan) or get under my blanket at night, and follow me around always
wanting to know what I'm doing! (to the point of drivin' me nuts LOL)
And didn't take that long at all for them to change like that!

But I do think that IF the ferret didn't have much contact with humans
since they were babies and were abused or neglected then it might take
much longer for them to get attatched to the person... some might even
never show much affection!  I think they're like people too, some more
loving and some more closed up doing their own thing...

I hear young ferrets are also more curious and always on-the- move,
"discovering the world", but with time they mellow down a little bit.

Just keep on givin' them tons of love and playing with them a lot that
hopefully they'll be showing you real soon all the other reasons ferrets
can be so special and wonderful!

Sorry I got carried away but can't help it, crazy for these two
cuties!!! :-D

Good luck with Johnny & Edgar!
Big hug to you all and have a nice + fun day!

   Chris,
   Logan, ("Oh, can I sleep on your belly?  I won't snore nor mumble in
   my dreams this time, I promise!")
 & Leeloo ("No, don't pick me up now, I'm in the middle of a war dance,
   can't you see?!!")