Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 01:23:15 EST
Hi,

I was just shocked, surprised, and amazed by my husband!  He, who is always
complaining that we have way too many pets, brought me a ferret kit for
Christmas!  I couldn't have been more blown away if he'd suddenly confessed
to being a woman!

She's an adorable little panda mitt, with a really short tail, and ruby
eyes.  She's number 13.  I don't have a name for her yet, but maybe
Blizzard or Snow would be good since we've been having so many blizzards
this year and have he** of a lot of snow right now....

Question: Is there a good test I can use to tell if she is deaf?  She has a
totally white head and I am somewhat familiar with the Waardenburg (sp?)
syndrome involving white between the ears.  I'd like to know so I can alter
my training, if necessary.  She's only about 6 - 6 1/2 weeks old right now,
but any info would be helpful.  I have not yet had to deal with a deaf
ferret.

Please write privately so I can make sure to get your suggestions!

Thank you!!

Kim