From:
Robynn McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 02:19:49 -0500
I've asked for advice quite a few times about the best way to fly with a
fuzzy, and especially which airlines allow them.  Almost every time people
have told me that Delta is ferret friendly.  Someone else mentioned TWA.
I called and checked websites of both airlines tonight and was sadly
dissapointed.  I'd already checked with American, and Northwest and United,
all said no, so armed with what I thought was going to be uplifting
information, I checked out what were supposed to be "ferret friendly"
airlines.

Delta's website specifically says they don't allow ferrets, and when I
called to check, they said definately not.

TWA's website not only says no ferrets, but claims that they are not
domesticated animals.  I called, telling them that ferrets definately were
domesticated but they told me they do not allow them.  The other airline I
was told is ferret friendly, was America West, but they don't fly out of
where I live.  So..how do you do it, how do you fly home for Christmas with
your beloved pets?  I love birds as much as the next person, but why are
birds allowed on all major airlines, and not ferrets?

frustrated,
Robynn

[Moderator's note: In issue 1250 of the FML, Todd Cromwell posted, in part,
the following note.  I certainly hope this hasn't changed!  Arghh! BIG