From:
Chuck Steel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 07:23:48 -0400
I tried to search through the archives before I posted this, but didn't
have any luck.  Our five year old "Cheyenne" hasn't been doing well for a
while and recently we have had quite a few trips (emergency and otherwise)
to the vet.  On one visit her blood sugar was really out of wack (don't
remember the numbers) and the vet told us to avoid sugar.  Since then,
she has been doing much better.  She actually plays now, which hasn't
really happened in a while.

Well, they did some more blood work, and things came out OK, but the vet
was still a little concerned.  He recommended surgery to remove any nodules
from the pancreas.  He told us that even though the test results aren't
conclusive, they often times proceed with the surgery anyway and find
problems.

I would like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience, and what
the outcome was.  For those of you from the Pittsburgh area, the vet is
from the West Liberty Animal Hospital.  I don't remember his name, but
I'm pretty sure he is the only male vet there.

Sorry I don't have the specific details.  My wife has been handling this
as I am only in Pittsburgh on the weekends.

Thanks.

Chuck Steel
Student Coordinator, Response