From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 13:07:11 EDT
>She did not make it.  I never thought a ferret could die from a spider
>bite.  Unfortunately I was wrong.  I just wanted to warn anyone who feels
>the way I used to about spiders, they definately are not all harmless.

I'm sorry to hear about her.  Yes, I know about spiders.  First of all,
the same amount of venom is injected in a bite.  Doesn't matter if it's
a ferret or a human.  The spider doesn't even have to be a poisionous
one, still does damage.  At where I used to work (security at a goverment
facility) and especially where my Dad works, Ford stamping plant in
Buffalo, there were lots of problems with spiders.  During the summer with
all those lights, the spiders were super sized with all the bugs around
the lights.  People work up there by the lights. (my place, Wind Tunnel,
and my Dad's, electricians)  People bitten have had their entire arm
swollen and numb for days and had to take time off from work.  There is
still one man from my Dad's place that, a year later, his arm is numb,
unusable, and surgery still hasn't helped.  The arm is starting to get
worse... There is a risk with spiders and ferrets.

Amy and the boys
God Bless America