From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 09:27:48 -0700
Greetings FML:

First of all, let me say ALL of you on this list are loveable, responsible
ferret folks- I wish all pet owners were as caring as all of you.  I have
been reading FML for the past few months and learned a great deal.  Now for
the questions:

1) I have a 2 1/2 year old neutered male.  For the past several months, the
fur around his genital area has been thinning.  Now, he is bald around this
area.  The skin is pink, soft and healthy looking.  He has been tested for
adrenal, bladder infection, urinary tract infection, fleas-these were all
negative.  He has all the fur on his tail.  All other signs are healthy
(bright eyes, good appetit, soft fur etc).  He does get the orange waxy
residue on his tail from time to time, but I use medicated shampoo to clean
it.  My vet says he could be, (pardon this comment) playing with himself.

2)My 9 year old neutered male, (Marshall Farm)refugee has been battling
adrenal for 2 years with the help of Duck Soup and Pediapred.  Duck soup is
a god send for him, but my other young fuzzies found they love it too.  My
Duck soup mixture is only water, Totally ferret, and bit of 8 in 1 moist
chicken.  I give him vanilla Ensure seperate.  The "kids" refuse to eat
their dry food unless I hand feed it.  I have now set up seperate feeding
times for the kids and gramps, but the kids still want thier Duck Soup.
How can I get them to eat dry food without me again.  I'm afraid they
aren't eating while I'm at work.

Thank you in advance for any knowledge you can share, my carpet sharks and
I really appreciate it.  Our hearts and thoughts go out to all of you with
sick babies.  We know what it's like.

Dooks to All!

[FT]