From:
Jacquie Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:50:57 -0700
I keep reading that people are still using Flagyl to treat giarrdia.  I
know that it will work but, gee it takes a long time and tastes terrible!

My vet gave me a powder called "Panacur" when my kids got giarrdia.  Use a
"scant 1/8 teaspoon" mixed into a little A/D (my kids prefer this), some
PetTinnic, Ferretone or whatever your kids like one time per day for three
consecutive days.  By the second day, they are much improved; by the *third
day*, the diarrhea is gone and appetite is back!  I haven't tasted it, but
they act like it is tasteless...but then they love the A/D I put it in, so
who knows.  Anyway, just to be sure the giarrdia doesn't come back (which
it usually will if you don't do this): Seven days after you have completed
the three day treatment, repeat another three day treatment of the Panacur.

This stuff is miraculous with Giarrdia.  Don't hesitate to contact me via
email if you wish to have your vet consult with mine regarding this.  She
has been using it with great success for a few years now.

Last time I posted this, no one replied in any way.  IF someone knows of
some reason Panacur is not a good idea, etc, please let me know......
otherwise, let's get the word out so these babies don't have to choke down
any more Flagyl...at least not when it comes to giarrdia.

When I treated my three boys, I paid about $9.00 for a small amount of
Panacur that treated all three of them (twice, as recomended) and I still
have some left over.  You can't beat that pricewise, either!

Jacquie Rodgers & the boys (Loki, Morgan & Turnip)