From:
Barbara Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:46:24 -0500
Hi again.  Yesterday I posted about any information on any veterinarians
in the Northern Virginia area that charged less than $800 for Adrenal
Surgery.  However I forgot to ask a question to all those who have had
their ferrets undergo Adrenal Surgery.

What has been the "success rate" in your experience?  Did any of your
ferrets die during or due to the surgery?  How many months or years did
it extend their life?  In your experience is it worth it to have the
surgery done?  Does it extend their life or would it be the same without
the surgery?

Sorry I have so many questions but this is the first surgery I have had
to have done and I want to make sure I am making the right decision.  It
is not fair to my little girl to put her in such great a risk if there is
one, and I want to make sure this is worth it.

Thanks again for all your help.  Please dont be afraid to tell me the
honest truth about your "success rates".  Thanks again.  I really
appreciate any help you all can offer me....

Barbara, Hope (the sick girl), and the Bash Brothers: Ziggy and Duke