From:
Wayne Rothe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 08:05:05 -0600
As a fairly new ferret owner, I've been very careful not to cut the vein
that runs through their claws (nails?). However, the other day I cut one
vein by accident. It must have been while Farrah was squirming (she hates
having her nails cut). My daughter noticed Farrah bleeding and freaked,
thinking her baby would die. The bleeding stopped quickly and all is
well. Can someone tell me about cutting that vein. How dangerous is it?
Can a ferret bleed to death that way, which is what I'm sure I read
somewhere? Thanks.