From:
Tootsie Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:57:50 -0400
Just wanted to give an update on the kit that I had bought and returned
to Petco over 5 weeks ago.

After 5 weeks of an emotional rollercoaster ride, not knowing for sure
whether "BooBoo" was really getting the proper veterinary treatment, his
true condition or whether or not I would surely end up with him, he
finally came home Friday afternoon.  His lump had gone down in size and
felt softer but still there.  He was adopted out to me thanks to so many
caring friends, especially Lisa, Penny, Mary, Diane, Tom, Joe and my dear
sister Rose who got the ball rolling and continued with it!  It took many
phone calls and letters that thanks to my friends, were written in a
professional way.

BooBoo had his first vet visit today and he has what my vet called a
"salivary mucous seal".  It is what I told Petco I thought it was.  My
vet aspirated and drained it for now and BooBoo goes in for surgery to
put a drain in it first to see if that helps shrink it down by scarring
it.  If this does not work, he will have surgery to remove it.

The many times I had stopped in at Petco to see how BooBoo was doing, I
found a kit in their enclosure that looked exactly like him.  I was at
a point where I was wondering about it!  BooBoo had a crooked "thin
lightning bolt" where this kit had a straight one and he did not have
the white knee patches and his face was more pointy.

Well after holding BooBoo's twin on several occasions and someone telling
me they were in the store when he was dropped being held by a customer, I
thought, oh well, what's one more.  He was really getting picked on by
the others in the case.  They were grabbing him by his nose.

When they first brought BooBoo out from the back room he was very squirmy
so we figured he had to poop.  They put him in the ferret aquarium and he
jumped and ran like he was saying, " Yeah, I'm out of jail".  He did back
up and go but wanted to play.  That is when I made the decision to get
his twin.  These two guys are the lucky ones, who will have a permanent,
loving home.  It bothered me to leave the others behind and I am sure
most will be dumped or end up in a shelter if there is room.  So now I
have Yogi and BooBoo to add to my business.  Both love each other and
constantly playing together.

Our cows are in a wonderful, loving home in Mississippi.  As I write
this, my husband is on the phone with Marsha for updates on them.  They
have 6 acres of land with a pond to roam on and another steer to play
with.  This wonderful lady, lost many of her animals to hurricane Katrina
and is now rebuilding her sanctuary back up.  We could not be happier
where they are and the same with them.  We are in contact with her via
phone weekly and she will be sending photos via snail mail when she gets
a chance.  This was well worth the wait to get them a home!

Eleanor, Donald and the 6 pack plus 2