From:
"Tikki Mite (Terry)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 15:46:07 -0400
I was very saddened to read that Bryan is feeling so down on himself.  He
shouldn't!  He faced a challenge that was more than he was able to deal
with.  We all have or will at some time in our lives.  It is nothing to be
ashamed of, it is a part of life.

We all know that Bryan did the very best he could and stuck it out maybe
even longer than some of us might have.  No one who hasn't been bitten like
that can understand the intense pain it can cause.  Ferrets have incredibly
strong jaws and sharp teeth.  Brian did nothing wrong.  I read he feels
upset that he gave the ferret a toss.  I can understand his upset.  But we
are all animals and we all have the basic instinct of self preservation and
survival.  It IS there in all of us.  Different degrees of pain, stress,
etc.  will trigger it in any of us and we cannot stop it.  If it was not a
part of any living thing none of us would be here today.

Bryan: I understand you are upset and hurt.  I don't believe anyone here is
going to berate you for caring enough for the fuzzy to have enough heart to
see that he gets to someone who can deal with it.  Let your little ones tell
you that you are a good man and that a ferret is lucky to have you care for
them.  don't beat yourself up this way.  I have read your posts on this FML
and I have seen in your words your love for your fuzzies.  You are a good
and caring person.  I know that what I say here now doesn't mean much to you
at this time but it is true.  The couple who are taking the little guy live
here in my home town.  They are good people and will take the finest of care
and have a world of patience with him.  they truly do have a great love for
ferrets.  I have been to their home and can promise you that.  If you want
updates on how he is doing I am sure they would be willing or I can keep you
filled in on how he is doing.  E-mail me at Tikki Mite @ AOL.com and let me
know.  Hang in there Bryan you will be ok.  I for one am going to miss
reading your post here and hope you don't stay away too long.  Take care of
yourself.

Terry and the Sweet 16