From:
Amy McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:03:42 -0600
>From:    "Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Vaginal bleeding
>The hyperestrogenism in female ferrets with adrenal lesions actually work
>on the small remnant of uterus which is present following a spay - over
>time, even this atrophied remnant will swell and you can see a prominent
>discharge from it.  It can vary from red to brown to even greenish.  Look
>for other signs of adrenal disease, especially a swollen vulva.

I was told that discharge isn't indicative of adrenal (by my vet, I
believe).  My vet suspected an infection based on the discharge, but that
is all in the past, it turns out Miya *did* have adrenal and everything
went back to normal.  It's just that this is the first time I've heard of
the discharge associated with adrenal.  Anyone else shocked?  Anyone else
know this?  I'd like to mention it to my vet for her future reference if
this is "fact." Thanks!

Amy & the brat pack (including a soft and fluffy Miya-Pants) ;O>

~~~
Visit Miya, Nina, Rascal, Jack, Joey, and Koty the doggie @
http://www.geocities.com/neenerbean_78

"Don't even have anything but myself anymore." -Sheryl Crow