From:
Dale Boone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 1995 10:08:55 -0500
GCFA's 7th Greatest Ferret Show on Earth not seeking sanctioning

I've been seeing  posts regarding upcoming ferrets shows and I thought I'd
pass this info along... The GCFA is not sgoing to be a sanctioned show this
year, from what I've heard. It seems the powers that be there have become
dismayed at all of the in-fighting between the so-called 'national' groups
over judging and point-sharing and such. They've added a few intersting 'bells
and whistles' to the application, and have started an aggressive media blitz
campaign.  Janice Miller, who has Chaired the Show committee since its
inception, has stepped down and Roger McMillian, the Registrar for the past
few shows has volunteered to Chair the newly expanded Show and Events
Committee.

Ferret Forum now being Gated to WWIVnet and VirtualNet.

Ferret Forum, a Fidonet Echomail conference , is now being gated to WWIV net
and VirtualNet BBSes sthroughout the country. I don't have the sitelist, but
you can check with your local WWIV or V-net bbs sysop and ask to have it put
on your local bbs...

BTW, has any Veterinarian done a report on the dangers of Cedar (or even pine)
bedding? Pam Grant raised some very valid points regarding pet shop ignorance
of woodchip dangers. I brought it up to o Roger M, and he checked with his
store. Their view is that until some definiitive work has been done on the
REAL dangers of cedar etc, they will continue to sell it. Interesting to see
what the lumber lobby will do to counter any efforts to have cedar removed
from  small animal care kits...

DB