From:
Justine Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:33:47 -0500
Dear Dr. Williams,

I was referred by a friend that I must subscribe to the FML.  I am new to
this.  I have a female ferret, Dookie, who will be six in April.  she had
a double adrenal removal 9-6-00, she got better then all her symptoms came
back fast about 12-12-00 and on 12-22-00 she received the 4mo.  depot of
Lupron.  The Lupron has shown to be effective, her vulva is about back to
normal and there is new hair growth, but on 1-18-01 she fell ill.  At 1:00
am she was fine and eating, by morning she had diarrhea & loss of appetite
and still does!  Dookie was on amoxy and pepto bismal beginning 1-18; Vet
saw her 1-19 & gave her chlorpromizine & SUB-Q; 1-24 changed from pepto
bismal to kaopeptate; 1-25 added Baytril; Dookie has been on pred.  since
10-2-00 also.  I took her back to the vet 1-29 because she is not getting
better and looked slightly dehydrated.  The Doc gave her another shot
chlorpromizine and fluids (Sub-Q) .  I stopped giving her the antibiotics &
just received the results of blood work and according to my vet there
doesn't seem to be anything abnormal.  I WELCOME ANY advice!

My heart breaks every time she struggles with me to eat.  Dookies stool
became watery last night and I switched back to pepto bismal.  This
afternoon her stool looked better and by 7:00 pm it's runny again.  She
has not had a full solid BM since 1-17.  dookie is also grinding her teeth
when I wake her and she is half asleep and during feedings, she has always
done the grinding during feedings though.

I have kept a detailed log of all feedings and meds.  bowel movements, and
some of her activity, and a copy of her blood work.  I have it if you would
like me to send it to you.

Dookie's weight has maintained and she is not listless like she was the
first few days, she tires quickly though.  Last night she ate a couple
pieces if kibble yet I still have to force feed her.  Dookie hasn't eaten
anything but the "Chicken Gravy" since her surgery, she has always been
extremely fussy.  Prior to her getting sick she ate mainly cooked chicken
breast, cheerios, cantaloupe and some kibble if I was lucky.

Please, I need help to help my little girl.

Thank You,
Justine H.

This is a somewhat typical day, although they are all up and down.
Tuesday, January 30, 2001

7:30 am- .4 ml. children's kaopt.

8:15 am- 1t. AD, 3 ml. electromine

9:40 am- 2ml. electromine

3:15 pm- .4 ml. kaopt

4:15 pm- 1 =BE t. AD, 3ml electromine

9:15 pm- 2 t. gravy mix w/ AD, .25 pred., 3ml. electromine =20

11:45 pm- .5 kaopt.

DOOKIE HAS HAD DIARRHEA AND GAS, VERY RUNNY.  My poor baby still fighting
her feedings