From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:47:26 -0500
I have read questions on potty training and thought it was no real big
problem, I was lucky with 5 naturally trained darlings.

Now Ajax is here.  I am anxious to let him out with the others for free
time butttttttttt not until we come to a little bit better understanding
about what that little box is for.

However, I did find something I really like and has been a help to me.  All
the cages I have are short enough I do not need the extra hook and chain on
the hammocks, the ferrets still have plenty of room to climb in without
them.  So I had a supply.  Those potties in the cage, whether they were the
upside down ones in Ajax's cage or the ones in the open cages which get
butted around even if they are used for their purpose, can be attached to
the side of the cage with these chains and hooks.  I drilled a hole near
the corner that fits in the corner of the cage, ran the chain through it
and then could hook the pan to the cage - can unhook and hook from the
outside where it is easy to reach in and remove the pan.  It beat the
little glued on hooks that are never in the right place after the glue
sets, the duct tape you have to reach way back in there to unwrap from the
wire, or the plastic hooks on "real" ferret pans which break off after two
removals.  Its easy and great and flustrates the --- tar out of the ones
used to "messing around" with the pans.

Millie and her noble cleaning crew
Easy Off:  the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Ammonia:  Hey Grandma - someone put a breadwrapper twist thing on the
cage door, did you know that Grandma, hun, its there you wanta look? hun
Cascade:  the Observer:  Hey Dizzy, why don't ya come up and see me
sometime, big boy.
Ajax:  Hey, how'd this kitty litter get in my hammock, when's she gonna
clean this stuff out of here.  At least "I" cleaned out the litter box.
Dizzy:  Joy, luv, if you don't quit going poofpoof everytime she walks
by, you're going to get your little joy box cut out.
Joy:  I ain't going down alone "big boy"  I understand they are going to
wack your
Dizzy:  DON'T YOU SAY THAT WORD, DON'T YOU DARE