From:
"Jaime L. Naugle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 12:48:37 -0400
I just got another ferret, Smoky, on Tuesday to keep bandit company.  She
is a cute little chocolate, but I have learned that looks can be decieving.
She bites, and I mean hard.  Not just little nips, but full chomps.  I am
sure it is because of how she was treated when she was younger (I got her
from the shelter).  Also she bites Bandit.  Bandit just got sick with ECE
and of course just wants to be left alone to sleep, well of course Smoky
doesn't.  She goes where ever Bandit is sleeping and starts biting her on
the neck.  Bandit will either try to run away and eventually end up
cornered by Smoky and cry as she is repeatedly chomped on or just lay there
and cry.  I don't know if Smoky is just trying to play or what.  I aslo
don't know if Bandit is crying beacuse she is sick and wants to be left
alone or if she is really being hurt.  I try to stay out of it, but when
Bandit is cornered by Smoky and is screaming out it is very hard for me not
to seperate them, especially since I can't tell if it's play or not.  I
don't know what to do.  Should I punnish Smoky for hurting Bandit?  I feel
like she is just playing but I am worried about the stress on Bandit,
especially since she is sick.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you
for your help.

Jaime L. Naugle