From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 02:28:08 EDT
>My fiancee says that their ignorance is their loss -- they'll never
>know the love and bouncy antics that come from owning a fuzzy.  But I
>still feel bad.  Am I over reacting?  Has anyone else encountered such
>a situation?

I don't think you are overeacting.  My Dad and Stepmom hates my ferrets.
They wouldn't even let my put the closed carrier in their house or even
in the garage out of the rain while I helped my Dad in the basement.  (It
was a bit too warm to leave them in the truck)  Needless to say, I left.
I had stopped on the way home from the vet as a favor to help my dad.
I know some people that have stopped by and looked at them like they
were ...I don't know how to put it.... Even an old friend thought I was
nuts and wouldn't even touch the ferrets.  Yet he has a Saint Benard which
drools A LOT!!!  Really slimes up the couch, floor, everything, always
shaking her head and leaving strings of saliva on the wall and everything
else.  (owners/likers of this dog, please don't take offense, but I kinda
have a hard time dealing with drool)  Even had a neighbor that stopped
talking to my Mom because I had brought my ferrets as a visit to Grandma's
house.  And, yes I would be upset in your situation.  They are your family,
not just a person down the street.

Amy and the boys