From:
suzi lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 06:08:06 -0800
Dear Becky and Annie,
You need to get to the vet right away.  It sounds like a bowel obstruction
and that can be fatal.

A similar situation happened to me a couple of months back.  My Chongie
was very lethargic with a glazed expression.  She also was the last one
out of her cage and that is very unusual, she's always first.  All she
wanted to do was curl up and sleep.  I thought of insulinoma also, but it
turned out to be a bowel obstruction.  I took her to the vet and the first
thing the doctor asked, was if she got a hold of something and ate it.  I
couldn't think of anything, I keep them caged when I am not home and I do
supervise and constantly "ferret proof" their room.  Well, as the doctor
and I were talking, little Chong backed up into the corner of her carrier
and pooped out a large part of a green foam ear plug!  I have no idea how
she got that.  They don't always pass the obstruction on their own, but we
got lucky.  Chongie spent the night for observation and x-rays and ended
up just fine, thank god.  It just goes to show you no matter how careful
you are with ferrets you just never know.

Good luck and I hope all will be well with you and your ferret.

Take care,
Suzi and Cheechie, Chongie, Goose, Ruby and Mookie.