From:
suzi lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 05:45:24 -0700
Hello,
I just wanted to share a few thoughts about the ferret show I attended
(this has taken me awhile to post, I've been real busy) on Oct. 6th I
went to the Greatest Ferret Show on Earth in Wheaton, Illinois at the
Dupage County Fairgrounds.  It was sponsored by Greater Chicago Ferret
Association.

This was my first visit to anything like this, I am a fairly new ferret
owner.  I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it and how much fun we all
had.  I brought my mom and my niece and nephew with me and everyone had
a great time!  We all really learned alot and met many very kind and
knowledgeable people.  We also won many prizes with all the games and
raffles.  Each one of us won a prize in the raffle and the kids were
overjoyed.  I was worried that my mom and the kids would be bored because
they are not as "ferret crazy" as their Aunt Suzi, but they loved it and
came away with a new appreciation and love for ferrets.  They also
received a new understanding of the responsibility and care involved in
having a pet.  They are not able to have any pets of their own due to
their parents.

My nephew was amazed about the concept of all the ferrets who didn't have
a home, he kept asking, " but why don't they have a family, where did they
go, who takes care of them, and will they find a home?"  It was a good
opportunity to explain what can happen to pets and learn how generous
others can be with their time and effort to help those less unfortunate.
Once my nephew got a handle on what was going on, they both used up all
of their allowance money to give donations and hit up grandma and I quite
a few times for more!  I never realized how much stuff is out there for
ferrets and ferret owners, all those vendors and booths were amazing!  I
am so glad we went and look forward to next time!

best wishes,
suzi lambert and family