From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 13:24:26 -0400
Sure you can use human style clippers, just make sure that they aren't
dull or you will have a splintery claw resulting.  We prefer the human
style ones because of better visibility.  Despite both of us having lousy
eyes we've never nicked a vein so far in 21 years.  In fact, there are
even human style ones with attached magnifying lenses.

Tuli is a tricky one -- sounds like our Seven when she first came here.
Sevie was very, very insecure and was making up for it by being a bully.
If memory serves what we did was to lavish Sevie with attention and even
though it seems backward for a bully I think that we provided her with
some additional safe scent (a safe perfume) since stink is status for
ferrets and this made the physical attacks less necessary.  *IF* I am
reading you right and not throwing in too much data from our experience
with Sevie the same may work there.  Scent's a funny thing for choosing
whom to place it upon and sometimes it needs to be shampooed off and
forgotten or shampooed off and given to someone else.

Seedy stools often are due to malabsorption of fats or sometimes due
to people giving too much fat for an individual.  They are pretty much
balls composed largely of lipids.  You'll find a useful poop chart at
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc .  I missed the rest of the post, just
saw a mention of the seediness in a later post.

Todd writes:
>Yep.  Especially driving green tractors on the highway.  Without
>a license.  And near-sighted to boot.  No turn signals.  Improper
>exhaust.  Short little feet don't reach no pedals.

Yeah, and it only gets worse when the navigator is dressed up in aluminum
foil and the top of the salt shaker.  I tell you, I don't know ferrets
run their flying saucers and teleporters when they are so bad at
tractors.

Addison's: you have been having electrolyte tests run and Ben is getting
either Florinef or Percorten, right?  There is a lot about this condition
in the Archives of both the FML and FHL:
http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/
The info includes tricks from vets for vets for further helping ones
with crashes.

Sometimes lympho is hidden in ferrets; anyone who has had ferrets long
enough has encountered such situations.  There are even ferret vets who
have written of being in such a situation with their own families.  We
haven't personally found it to be the norm, but certainly have been in
the same sort of position.