From:
Tigger Too <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:21:49 -0800
First of all, I hope you find Odin!  I would be beside myself too, were I
in your shoes.

I agree with everything you say about unwanted ferrets, but thank
goodness some people do realize they just don't want their ferrets
anymore and find them better homes!

I got two lovely girls thru contact with a local ferret group, from a
woman who said she had to move (turns out she didn't), and needed to find
homes.  My girls were on a diet of cat food and kept outside on the back
porch.  They looked healthy at the time, but now their coats are so much
much thicker, their expressions are brighter, and they've even grown!

If this woman had simply said, "Well, I bought these ferrets so now they
are my responsibility forever" and NOT contacted the ferret group, me and
my girls wouldn't be so happy right now.  The girls are on high quality
ferret food, vitamins, treats, they have the run of two rooms plus their
four-level ferret condo, and constant love and adoration (they DEFINITELY
know they are "pretty girls!").

Of course, it's totally different when someone just tosses their unwanted
ferret out -- this woman did the responsible thing.  But, sometimes
things just don't work out.  I had a horse once that almost killed me
several times with its bolting and bucking problem, and I decided to sell
him to someone that meshed with his wild personality and things worked
out so much better for him and for me.  The new owner never wanted to
ride outside the arena, and the horse was safe there.

So, I dont think it's reasonable to expect everyone to keep every animal
they own for the rest of its life.  That's just not going to happen.
(Sorry if I misunderstood your post.)

Staci

=====
The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is
I'm the only one!