From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 10:34:01 -0600
Dearest Oscar <sob>
Ours can never be, we can never meet.  <sob> Grandma sat me down and
explained to me there is a bad bad disease out there called ECE.  For some
it is fatal, for some it is not, much depends on the age when effected.
It seems, even though I nor my teammates have ever been sick, there is a
chance we are carriers because it is so prevailant here in this area.  I
could not live with it if you suffered because of me <sniff sniff>

My hopes are there is some great scientist out there who has heard of our
love and seen the suffering of those wonderful ferrets who have been
ravaged by the effects of ECE and will work extra extra hard to come up
with a vaccine just like they did for distempter.

In the meantime, Oscar, we do have our good health to be thankful for and
humans who worship the ground our paws walk on.  We are so very very lucky.
I would not trade for the joy and excitement you have brought me.

I think another good thing has come of this, Oscar, the chance some of
those sweet humans out there might get to know others though personal ads
on FML like we did.  After all, humans are social animals, they love us
fuzzies but they need their own kind too, its kinda like people math, you
can't have just one.  Maybe through the joy we had, they will plunge in and
give it a try.

Grandma tells me Ms Carol is a wonderful kind hearted soul she highly
respects, she has made a friend and will stay in contact with her.  I won't
ever forget you, Oscar, and I will always keep your picture beside my
hammock.  At each holiday, I would like to send you a card to let you know
I am still thinking about you.  I will go on singing, I will just sing
another kind of a song, I will sing you a sad song and picture you there
singing with me.  It still is great even if we can't meet to know there is
someone out there who cares just for me in a very special way.

And darn you Mr. Shakespear, you little devil, you wrote of death and war
causing lovers anquish, you never ever wrote of the effects of ECE

Forever and ever yours, Easy Off, via
Millie and her noble cleaning crew
Easy Off:  (silence)
Ammonia:  (silence)
Cascade:  aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
Ajax:  what's going on, what's happening, someone speak to me, tell me
Dizzy:  (silence)
Joy:  Humfph

FOOTNOTE: Now before all you folks out there jump on me: this is the truth.
I have met a wonderful person in Carol and I and my granddaughter intend to
visit her and her husband and family in January but ECE free is a minority
here and we cannot take the chance of it spreading.  From the many many
emails I have gotten stating they were enjoying this fun heartwarming soap
opera, I am sorry this has to end this way.  These postings picked up from
the ferrets' personalities and went on from there.  Thank you all.