From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:58:55 -0400
>From: "Long, Katharine" <[log in to unmask]>
>Thank you for clarifying the dosage, Dr. Williams.  I went again and
>looked at my bottle.  It actually does have the mg on it.  I just didn't
>look well enough before.  According to the bottle, 1 teaspoon contains
>12.5mg of diphenhydramine HCI.  That would equate to 2.5mg per ml.  8/10ml
>should be the correct dosage to give them 2mg, far more than I have been
>giving mine.  Please let me know if I have figured this wrong as I have
two going for distemper vaccinations tomorrow.

Katharine -

You are correct in the dosage.  There are about 5 mls in a teaspoon (4.93
actually.)  Let's make sure to give it about 30 mins. early so it has time
to take effect.

Remember, it's anecdotal at best, so no guarantees here!

Best regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM