From:
"Long, Katharine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 07:43:45 -0400
Dr. Williams posted:
Actually, per ferret - Usually averages about 2 mg/kg.

Thank you for clarifying the dosage, Dr. Williams.  I went again and looked
at my bottle.  It actually does have the mg on it.  I just didn't look well
enough before.  According to the bottle, 1 teaspoon contains 12.5mg of
diphenhydramine HCI.  That would equate to 2.5mg per ml.  8/10ml should be
the correct dosage to give them 2mg, far more than I have been giving mine.
Please let me know if I have figured this wrong as I have two going for
distemper vaccinations tomorrow.

Even giving the lower dosage (15/100ml), we have not had any reactions
to vaccinations since I started this practice (3+ years ago) (KNOCK ON
WOOD!!!).  Prior to that, we had two mild reactions (2 separate ferrets),
involving vomiting and diarrhea for a short time.

Katharine