From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 01:34:52 -0700
My ferrets are clamoring for computer rights, so I'd better let them have
the keyboard.  But regarding ferret tattoos...that's going to be my next
tattoo.  I have a friend who did a beautiful, absolutely gorgeous pastel and
charcoal portrait of my old BooBoo for me to frame and she very kindly
didn't even charge me a penny.  I'll be having her design my tattoo ... and
with that you can take it to your tattoo artist who will trace it onto a
paper that will tranfer it into your skin.  No problem.  And remember ...
good tattoos ain't cheap and cheap tattoos ain't good.  Anyway, my leg is
getting chewed off so I'll let the fuzzies have the computer now...

We wanted to wish all the other ferrets on here a merry Christmas and hope
yours was as good as ours.  We got a stocking filled with lots of little
presents like Pounce treats and cheerios and even dried Cranberries, yummy!
We had six ferret friends staying with us for the holidays and although we
are normally very selfish, we shared our treats with them THIS TIME.  Then
mum let us all out of our cages and out a wrapped present on the floor and
said "Go to it little guys".  Dad said ferrets couldn't open presents but
dad keeps forgetting how smart we are and how often we hide his shoes so he
can't go out but has to play with us instead.  But anyway, our sister Mazzy
got the hang of opening that present real quick and in a flash had the paper
off and was eating through the tape to get inside the box.

When mum pulled back the flap for us we were surprised and kinda
diasspointed to see these two curved pieces of yellow plastic that wasn't
even good to chew on.  Mum put the pieces together and it turned out to be a
big ball with a bunch of holes in it.  We just kinda looked at her and then
we realized what our great Mum had done...she got us a terrific cardboard
box to play in!!  So we danced and rolled around in the box and mum sighed,
put the yellow ball thing away and got down on the floor to play box games.
She said something about maybe needing those really expensive see-through
tubes after all to make the ball more exciting for ferrets.  We don't know
how anything could be as good as a cardboard box though.

We all tried turkey but only Milo ate it (of course, Milo will eat anything)
The rest of decided that if people ate this stuff, it wasn't good enough for
us.  Then mum dissapeared and came home with this really great bag that she
kept complaining about spending her Christmas present money on.  It's a bag
just for us with mesh sides and a sheepskin pad on the bottom and mum says
it's so she can take us everywhere now...then she said something about how
she couldn't afford to go anywhere now that she had bought this bag.  Inside
were two things that looked an awful lot like us and we hissed at them for a
while until we realized they were just like BooBoo's stuffed animal Gund
bear, but they were shaped like ferrets.  Mum said Pam Greene made them and
that she has more talent in her pinky then Mum has in all her whole body.
Then mum tripped on the carboard box and we all had to agree that mum was
probably right after all.

Mum says we should thank Pam Grant for the really great Christmas card, Pam
Greene for the amazing stuffed ferrets (although we can't play with them
anymore cuz mum caught Big Tunk chewing on one's nose) and Ela for the other
really cute Christmas card.  We also want to say sorry to everyone who has
lost a fuzzy friend recently and that even though mum SAYS she would like to
offer you one of us to take your lost fuzzies place, we know she doesn't
mean it so we hope you find a new ferret friend (or 7) to comfort you.  We
hope you feel better soon.

Happy Holidays

BooBoo, Joop, Ashley, Milo, Mazzy, Paczek and Big Tunk (ferrets)
Suzie Q, Mischeif, Kai, Murr, Honker and Meeks (boarding ferrets)
Inti Bo Bo and Isis (cats)
Raisin and Granny (rats)
Benji (dog) and
Sheena and Chris and the Ferrets and Friends Club and Rescue
Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
"dedicated to the preservation of the domestic ferret as a
 household pet", a no-kill, not-for-profit ferret facility.
For more information about the FFCR try our homepage:
< http://www.geopages.com/Colosseum/1575 >