From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 20:27:20 EDT
Jusy wanted to share a story about a ferret and a child.Don't groan,this one
has a happy ending.Taz is a male 2 yr.old sable MF ferret.He led what could
be described as a deprived childhood,which is how we got him.His owner
didn't know how or have time to care for him adequately,so she asked us to
take him,ferret math strikes again.He used to pace his cage like a lion with
no space,and his brain power never quite developed to it's fullest.He is
very sweet and kissy,and takes exaggerted care not to hurt people.

He has discovered my 3 yr old grandson and they have become best buds,same
mental age I guess.My grandson will drag a towel or fert tube around with
Taz chasing and trying to jump on for a ride.Taz thinks it's great fun to
steal the kids toys and be chased to get them back.Some toys he's serious
about collectng.He loves the animals in his fisher price farm set.I have to
find them a couple of times a day.Taz is now the proud owner of a bright
green ball he can't even carry,he pushes it into his hidey hole.I once went
down the hall looking for both fert and human child,and found them watching
tv together.It was cartoons,so I guess Taz was interested.It's funny and
touching watching these two together.Taz sits in his lap while he sits in
his car seat,though sometimes Taz will climb onto the back ledge and stick
his nose in Calvin's hair or ear.That always gets a good reaction.

Calvin used to come running over when anyone tried to touch Taz.No, my
ferret he'd say.Taz would also insert himself between the kid and any other
animal.Who needs a guard dog.We don't care if Taz is a little slow on the
uptake,he has many friends around town and in schools.Another story.

Happy Dooking,Sandy & 3 fuzzlumps

Never teach a ferret to drive,for they know where the chew weasels are.