From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 18:01:13 -0500
Chuckee-Chase-her    here

Well it's almost a new year and time to says something VERY IMPORTANT.

I am a shelter ferret.  On 6-27-1992 I was found discarded by and uncaring
person and left on a major highway.  Luckly a caring Animal Control Officer
found me.  This animal control officer had a friend that she just "knew"
would take me in - that friend did take me in. Since that time the "friend"
has taken in 165 just like me.  All but a few the "friend" found homes for.

It's time to say thank you to my "FRIENDS".  There are so many of you out
there.  Those that rescue us from all types of situations: sometimes "the
ferrets are just to much trouble", or "too Old", or "lost" (lots of times we
are happily returned to our grieving owners", or the worst - we are
abandonded - not knowning how to feed or fend for ourselves.

FRIENDS - We ferrets have them everywhere (at least in 47 of the 50 United
States, and also in several other countries).  Our FRIENDS come to our aide
day and night they get us needed medical care, house us, give us great
treats, teach us kissy face, find homes for us, but most important they give
us love.  Our friends sometimes experience financial hardship because they
care so much for us.  The worst thing our FRIENDS experience is - broken
hearts - when one of us must cross Rainbow Bridge.

Have you Two Leggers who do rescue and shelter work ever imagined how much
we cherish what you do for us?  Can you see our gratitude when we give kissy
face, or chortle, dook or most of all dance.  Do you see the love we have
for you in our DANCE?

Thank you so much for continuing to rescue, shelter and love us - we know
the awesome price you sometimes pay.  WE FERRETS LOVE YOU.

CHUCKEE-CHASE-HER

                      Date of Birth Unknown
Left his physical body to watch over us Two-Leggers and Ferrets alike:
12/30/1995

Chuckee-Chase-Her was the Ferret Founder of:  Ferret Friends of Indian River
County Shelter

"We need another and a wiser and prehaps a more mystical concept of animals.
.....In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and
complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never
attained, living by voices we shall never hear.  They are not brethren, they
are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with oursleves in the net
of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth"

 Henry Beston, 1928