Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 07:36:58 -0800
If you dont want to read a venting post, please ignore this one.  But
I've got to get this out somehow.

My little 2 1/2 year old girl Rayna, I noticed 2 weeks ago she had a
hard belly.  Took her to the first vet, it was like he didnt know what
to tell me.  Along with her hard belly, she had been slowing down a bit.
He did abdomen ultrasounds - spleen is a bit large, but normal shaped...
sometimes happens in ferrets..  blah blah blah.  He wanted to do a
glucose test next.  THATS not it!!!!

So, on to the next vet go we.  She's diagnoses her with an enlarged
spleen, and tells me it could be possible lymphoma, its got to come out.
Hmmm next week should be good she says.  Can she wait that long I ask?
Yea, she should be ok she says (that was tuesday the 10th).  As of
Saturday (the 14th), my baby has been sitting in ICU at a hospital!!!!!
They tell me at this point, she is so guarded, that it would be foolish
to risk surgery at this time now.  OH MY GOD did I wait too long to help
my baby?????

I pay these friggen vets to help my baby, why cant anyone get this
right??  Why cant anyone do anything right???  I have 5 little ferret
urns sitting on my mantle.  I CANT add another one already.  God dammit
I am so mad at the whole world right now.  These vets are suppossed to
know.  I place MY TRUST in them.  WHO is going to help me if the best of
the best vets cant?????  I am so tired of losing ferrets.  I am so sick
of going thru this heartwrenching pain.  WHY cant they fix my babies???
I've gone from losing ferrets over 5 yrs old, to losing them, at 3 yrs
old, to 2 1/2, and now - here's another 2 1/2 yr old sitting in ICU in
very guarded condition.

Possibly, I guess, likely, that lymphoma is flooding thru her system.  If
thats what they think it is in the beginning - dont wait a goddamn week
and take it out NOW!!!  Do something!  I put my trust in you to do whats
right for my baby.  Youve got her little life in your hands.  Theyre
suppossed to know more than me.  And God forbid if you encounter a
nonferret vet - they dont have a bloody clue at all as to what theyre
talking about.  I brought her in to the hosp on Friday nite - of course
no emergency ferret vets - he tells me she's fine, take her home ---
Well, I'm back there on Saturday, the ferret vet admits her.  Now she's
clinging to life.  She shouldve had the surgery done last week when she
was strong enough.  Cant ANYONE help my baby??????  Please if you can,
say a prayer for my little girl Rayna.

Andrea