Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:34:39 -0800
Kodiak is approx. 1.5 years old.  When he came in, he had a slight limp
that the past owners couldn't explain.  We thought we would give him some
time to see if he would heal, but he didn't.  When we took Kodiak to the
vet and had the xray done, they discovered that Kodiak had no femur!!  We
are unsure if Kodiaks misfortune is due to a birth defect or if cancer
has claimed his femur.  He has to have his leg completely amputated and
then it will be sent to the lab to see if cancer is the culprit.  It is
to our understanding that if cancer IS the culprit, then Kodiak will have
to undergo Chemo-Therapy.  We cannot afford to have the chemo done so we
are reaching out to all ferret lovers for help.  Please, if you can spare
a donation to help Kodiak, he would really appreciate it.  He is such a
young and wonderful little guy.  If you are interested in making a
donation to help Kodiak, there are several ways you can do it, you can
either click on the paypal link and make a secure donation which is
located on our Help Kodiak web page, you can send a donation to our vet,
the information is provided on our site also, or you can send us an email
for our mailing information and send a check made out to either our vet
or to Michigan Ferret Rescue.  Please help us to help Kodiak.

Thank You and God Bless!

Lora Blaisdell
Michigan Ferret Rescue inc.
www.miferretrescue.org