From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2010 15:52:43 +0000
Dear Ferret Folks-

Awesome totally black ferret with a white chin? The Creator has
provided us with a few of these, and they are called *minks*! And yes,
they are remarkably handsome little beasts. I have been fortunate
enough to see two of them in stretches of swampy New England forest.
And before you decide that you *must* have one, know that they are
not the same as ferrets. They really aren't. Here is a nice film of
one beating the snots out of a coyote at least ten times it's weight.
Around here they wipe out entire flocks of chickens in a night's time,
not because they can eat that much chicken but because it's fun to do
that much killing. I am sure that some might make sweet pets in time,
but (IMHO) they belong outside doing minkly deeds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RrJIkO8XRk

Alexandra in MA