From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:08:20 -0800
**HOPEFULLY** you have seen a vet by now, because if it was blood you have a
life-threatening situation and due to the time it takes for these posts to
become public on the FML, it is not wise to wait for a response here in a
critical situation.

Was the Licorice red or black????

If it was black you have major problems.  Get to a vet NOW.

If it was red, you may just be seeing the "after effects" and it may not be
blood.  Though blood is still a very *real* posibility.

Licorice is NOT HEALTHY for ferrets people!!!  I know this incident was
likely an accident, but I also know that some give it as a treat.  Sure the
ferrets like it!!  Anitfreeze tastes sweet too, would you give it to your
two year old child???!!!

Trish