From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 22:38:22 -0400
An interesting observation, for whatever it's worth--
For quite a while, I fed my ferrets Nutro Max or Natural Choice foods, as
they showed a marked preference for it.  At the same time, they have never
been interested in actual meat.  For the last three months or so, I've been
feeding them Iams Kitten.  As I write this, Amelia is stealing bits of
chicken from my dinner plate (and yes, she's just so cute about it I'm just
sitting here watching).  I wonder if Iams tastes more "chicken-y" than Nutro
does...

Here's an etymological question-- think that the verb filch (as in to steal
small amounts) has anything to do with the noun fitch?

Just chock full of thoughts this evening,
Regina
and Cully and Amelia too!

ps I brought pictures of the fuzzbugs for my desk at work, and everybody has
been just *melting* over them-- such a great feeling, isn't it?

Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083