From:
Nickolas Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 19:17:04 EDT
Hi again, Fellow FML'ers;

It's Karen and Madison again.  Just thought I'd put my two cents worth in.
It's in regards to ferret nipping and biting.  When my Mads was about 3
months old, about a week after her adopting me.  To put it bluntly, she was
a pitbull in fuzzy clothes.  We were playing and bonding one day, which I
thought was going pretty good, right!  I gave my little monster a kiss smack
on the end of her nose, and in turn she bit me, no chomped on me like my
nose was the biggest raisin she'd even seen.  Girls, you know when you pluck
your eyebrows and tears come to your eyes and sometimes you have to sneeze.
Well, this little nose chomper was latched on for dear life, I didn't know
if I was going to scream, cry, sneeze or what ever else my body could do.
My husband just about S_ _ _ himself laughing.  I pulled on her so hard that
my nose would follow and the pain and blood now was too much.  I tried
pushing her into my face, that didn't work either.  My other half, (not
better half), got a spray bottle and started blasting her butt with water.
My nose was at peace, she was stuck on me for a good 2 minutes, before she
decided to let go or that blood didn't taste like raisins.  She got scolded,
by giving her a bath and was put back in her condo cage.  I screamed "I NEED
A TISSUE NOW, PLEASE", the blood was just oozing out of the top of my
nostril and inside, she'd managed to bite on the inside and the outside.
I'm still missing a small chunk of flesh from the tip of my schnoz.

Be patient with your fuzzies, love them, treat them and give them anything
they want, they'll call it their own anyways.  Remember your'e their parent,
they need you just as if a real baby would.

Give them a diaper to play with, it's good for laugh, be prepared to clean
up the mess though.

Anyways, we found using the spray bottle technique, combined with blowing in
their face and lots of ferretone on your finger tips.  I'm proud to say my
little monster has graduated to toes only and if they have a red sock on
them, which I don't mind.  I'm always prepared with my stainless steel toed
slippers.  Mads also loves being bathed now, I think she's part otter.

Thanks for listening
Karen and Madison for T.O.