From:
Pamala & Johan Mommens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:26:10 -0500
A quick note in reaction of what the moderator said about this subject.

There is a huge difference between starting up a store at WebStoresPro.com
and any other place.  At WebStoresPro.com everyone can start up a store
where their visitors can use a credit card to pay EVEN if the owner of the
site wouldn't have a merchant account.  THAT is why I said that this is the
perfect solution for ferret organization to sell their products to the
public.  They would not only have a complete shopping cart system but their
visitors would be able to buy their products with credit cards instead of
with a money order or a check (which nobody seems to send in).  My wife is
a boardmember of an animal rescue group here in our area and it is a fact
that they don't have money to start up their own store.  I hope that
WebStoresPro.com will open the doors for all non-profit organizations to
raise some money to achieve their goal.

Johan.

[Moderator's note: Certainly the credit card processing is a *huge*
advantage -- I appreciate the clarification.   WebStoresPro.com does
charge quite a bit for the service ("$0.50 + 15% commission on the total
amount" of each credit card sale) though!  Not to say it might not be
still worthwhile -- I don't know, it might be -- but at least be aware
that no up-front costs doesn't equate to "free".  BIG]