From:
Tara Kostezky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:50:43 +0800
{{{{Kevin}}}}

What an awful thing to happen.  Kev, when things go bad it's so easy to
just give up and give in to the loss of hope (which is what people really
mean when they talk about hell).  I bet it hurts like hell at the moment
but believe me it will get better.  Cry as much as you need to, because
it's not fair and no amount of comforting words that I can give or anyone
can give can change that.  But do believe that there are people out there
who care about you and what you are going through right now.  And it does
get better, the pain never entirely goes away but you learn to live with
it.  It's part of being human, there's none of us who don't feel pain.
It's the fastest shortcut to learning compassion for suffering, and that's
my own personal theory on why life can be so tough sometimes.  You're
destined eventually to lose everything and everyone that you love, or they
to lose you.  Knowing that opens your heart to remembering how precious a
gift life is.  And I really do sincerely believe that it doesn't end at
death.  Your babies have just gone on to bigger and better things.

Whilst I'm not a vet, and I hope very much that you've got a good vet
working on this case, the first thing that springs to mind on reading of
the symptoms is some sort of poisoning (mainly the blood, there must be
*something* that's causing internal bleeding).  Could they have gotten into
something bad, anything under the sink?  In the bathroom?  Have you bought
any new chemicals lately?  Just a thought.

Lots of good wishes winging their way to you.  You're in my thoughts this
Christmas (and all the other hurting ones around the world)

TK

PS A reading suggestion, if you're up to it, is Elizabeth Kubler-Ross'
"On Death and Dying", highly recommended to anyone who has lost or is
losing someone they love.